Journey to Caitlin

Join us on our Journey to our darling daughter, Caitlin Abigail Lian Phillips

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Chansha Day 2 cont.....













We went this morning to the Civil Affairs office and Caitlin officially became our daughter!!!

It was steaming hot there, and she was ok until I had to hold her for the official footprints and picture.....you can see by the attached that she was none too thrilled. She seems to be beginning to mourn her foster mom - kind of crappy for me, but great in the long run - it proves that she is able to attach, and eventually she will attach to us as well.

We went to a baby store and I picked up some diapers, formula etc. as well as a soother - Caitlin is a soother girl!!! Dad says that I might be sorry once she gets home, but at this point, whatever makes her happy, she gets!!!! Don't know what I would do without Dad - he is being so great (and a packhorse to boot!!!) I always say that I am incredibly lucky to have the parents that I have, and this just illustrates it again!!!!

Caitlin is having a nap right now - so tired from the journey this morning.....



We ordered Pizza hut for lunch today - it was really good! Starting to get tired of the restaurant downstairs already - pretty good but pretty much always the same.

Love you all!!!

Marie Caitlin and Grampie!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Words can not describe how excited and happy I am for you and Jason. She is a beautiful little girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Enjoy you time there and have a safe journey home.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Marie

    What a little cutie! So happy things are going well, and you're officially her new mommy. I hope that things continue to go well and you all make it home soon. :)

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy to hear you have Caitlin and that she is now all yours and Jason's!!!! It's fantastic and I can't wait to meet your little joy! Thanks for sharing. My thoughts are with you and yours .... see you soon! Ghaz

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Marie
    Congrats Mom and Dad....I am so happy for you, she is so cute can not wait to see her.

    Anna Reali

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She's adorable Marie and we can't wait any longer...! hahaha I hope the time is passing quickly.... Jason is so anxious as are we all..! A very big Congratulations to you on becoming a Mommy..! you're a very strong woman and so deserving of this beautiful child. We all know you're going to make an excellent Mother. Hugs and Kisses from home....!
    Dan and Karen xoxox

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Caitlin, welcome to the beginning of a life full of a love that will never end. You are so wanted, needed and cherished ...and will always have the best closet full of clothes! Marie I'm overjoyed to hear that you and Jason have your little girl.. I'm sending you a hug full of whatever you need...whenever you need it!

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marie and Jason,

    Caitlin is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to meet her...she is the luckiest little girl to have such amazing parents. Miss ya Marie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home