Journey to Caitlin

Join us on our Journey to our darling daughter, Caitlin Abigail Lian Phillips

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Beijing Day 4




What can you say about the saddest day in your life??? Had to go out today to keep my mind off the realities of life, so Dad and I went shopping with the group. Sorry that you were unable to get in touch with us - we just got back. The excursion lasted all day. We are staying in this evening, other than to go to the hotel restaurant for dinner.

This morning we went to the silk factory, and learned about the production of silk. There were many beautiful things there......you will see some when we get home. Only two days to go!!!!! Too many for sure.

For lunch we went to a "minority" restaurant - the majority of Chinese people are Mandarin, but there are 56 different ethnic groups in China. This restaurant was run by one of them. After lunch we went to the Pearl Market, where there were pearls for sale as well as other items. We bought a new bag for all of our purchases.

Can't wait to get home......so that you can all see the most beautiful, smart, charming and stubborn girl iin the world. My heart is so filled with love for her, and I know that you will all feel the same. I know that you all know how important this journey was to all of us, especially her Daddy, and I know that she will receive all the love that you have to share. She is so precious.

With love and tears from China,

Grampie, Mommie and baby girl.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello to the bravest Mommy, most beautiful Caitlin and most amazing Grandpa(Uncle Don). And also an I love you, to a very brave and loving daddy who will be watching over you no matter where he is.

    I have tears in my eyes and am astounded at your courageousness and love throughout this journey!

    Norma and Dad told me about your blog yesterday when they called me. I have read every bit of your journey and am so thankful that the whole family is able to share this experience.

    Everyone has been anticipating your safe return, and I wish that I could be there to meet you. The pictures and historical interjections (we are so alike..with our interesting facts!!) are amazing and also very important to learn about as that is where my new little "CUZZZ!!" was from! It won't be long before she is wearing a Maple Leaf's Jersey and playing hockey with Avery though eheheheh!

    I think it is great that you will be able to explain to her someday all about her Chinese culture while she grows up in our Canadian society. She will have the best of both worlds, and the very best of our loving family. She will know lots about her kind and hilarious daddy as well because we all loved him so much.

    I knew it wouldn't take long for you to bond and I love her smiles!

    All my love Heather

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marie, Caitlin and Don,
    We send you our love and prayers and await your return.
    Love Duncan and Norma

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marie... You are an inspiration of courage, strengh, and eternal love. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all and wish you a safe return.

    Jenn, Jamie, Allie and Katie McBride

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're the bravest woman I've ever known Marie, and I'm so proud to have been able to follow you along in your journey to Caitlin. Darryl and my prayers and thoughts are with you and we can't wait to meet your little bundle of joy. She's so lucky to have you as her Mom and it sounds like your family is filled with wonderful and fantastic people that will be there for both of you every step of the way. We miss you and can't wait to have you home. Stay safe and we'll see you soon.

    Marion and Darryl Vording

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi from the home farm-
    The pictures of our little angel are wonderful. You make Grammie very proud of you,
    my daughter,my husband & little Caitlin.
    Thursday can't come soon enough!
    Joan/Mom/Grammie

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We love you all so much. Only a couple of more days and we get to see our newest family member.

    You are our inspiration.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Marie, Uncle Don and Princess Caitlin

    So wonderful to see all the pictures and hear about your travels in China. I especially love the pics from the Changsha to Beijing day with Uncle Don standing by the imperial lion and Caitlin in the backpack. I also love the one of her rolling and laughing in her little bed...so cute. And from all the shots with you Marie, you are a natural! I still think she looks like royalty and I know with all the anticipation and desire that has preceeded her arrival, she will definitely be treated like royalty....much loved, adorned, honoured and cherished. What wonderful chi she must be sharing and feeling as the loving arms of her heart mother embrace her and her heart Grampie plays with her and the many friends and relatives across the miles await her arrival with great excitement and open arms. It's like receiving the best Christmas present ever...guess you'll have to celebrate Christmas in July! My prayers continue for you all as you conclude your journeys in China and prepare for the long flight home. I know the feeling that comes with a heavy heart and know that through the grace of God you continue to take one step forward, baby steps, one day at a time. At this time, all you can do is trust. Keep the twinkles in your eyes and feel Jason there. May God keep you in his loving care until we meet again. I love you all...your cousin, neice and cousin-cousin! Patti (and Paul)
    ...love and hugs from my angels too...Gabriel and Daniel xoxo...
    ...can't wait to meet you all again!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home